This past week has been one of those that I thought of Elder Cook's talk in conference with this title. It was one of those weeks. Kirk left on Sunday morning to Florida with his work for a conference. Sunday morning I woke up feeling like trash, but hoped it was nothing. I took Kirk to the airport, and by the time we got home, I thought I was going to die. I sent the girls to get ready for church and to find a ride or something, and headed to Urgent Care. Let's just say it wasn't very urgent that I was cared for, but after two hours I found out that I had strep throat. Maybe it's that I never get sick, but strep throat is definately one of the worst things! For basically three days I stayed in bed, with chills and a fever and my body aching and feeling like I was swallowing razor blades, thinking I was on the verge of death. To make things worse, Kirk was gone, my parents just moved, and Kirk's parents are out of town. My girls were troopers and really took care of themselves for three days. The first day they thought it was kinda fun to make their own meals and clean up, they even took pictures. After that the novelty wore off, but they still were good.
Each day when Kirk would call, I would just moan and complain. I think that one of the hardest parts of being a single mom for a few days was just that nobody was here to complain to that I felt was in it with me that would pat me and tell me that things were going to be alright. But by Thursday I felt pretty good and Kirk came home! But then he had to go on a scout campout on Friday, but by then I was feeling pretty good, so it wasn't too bad. And now we're all home and feeling good, and we know we can do hard things.
2 comments:
sorry you were so miserable! You should have called and let me bring a dinner or something! Glad your girls stepped up so much!
Hope you're still feeling better and wish I could have patted you and made dinner, done the wash and run the girls around. Glad you've trained your girls so well. Hopefully the remember that they appreciate you.
Post a Comment