Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lizzie's 9th birthday!!

 Liz had a birthday, shout hooray!  We were all so excited for this day, because she had been counting down for more than a month.  It started about a week early, because she wanted to take birthday donuts in to her class to celebrate, so that got the party started. 
 She wanted to know how early she could wake up on her birthday to open presents, and 7:30 am couldn't come fast enough, especially since she'd been up since 5:30!  She got a set of cute luggage, so she can travel the world (or at least Grandma's this summer). 
 She also got a BB gun that is pink too!!  We had gone camping the weekend before and found that she was a sharp shooter and could hit targets far away.  We'll be careful so she doesn't shoot her eye out. 
 She had a great birthday!  She got to choose her favorite breakfast: crepes with strawberries and whipped cream.  She got to go shopping with birthday money which she got an American Girl doll.  (Who knew she liked dolls?  But she's been all about making doll clothes and doing her hair since.)
The girls also had a pretty successful lemonade stand that day.  Later to cool off she took a couple friends and we went to Basha Pool where they have water slides, a lazy river, and a whirlpool.  It was a super fun filled day!! 

Here's a little about Liz that I found out when I interviewed her on her birthday:
My favorite food is: BBQ chicken pizza
My favorite sport is: baseball
The best show on TV is: Victorious
The coolest person in the world is: Allie
My best subject in school is: math
I'm really awesome at: baseball
If I could change my name it would be: Megan
If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to: San Diego
My favorite color is: pink
When I grow up I want to be a: doctor
My parents are too strict about: sleepovers
My favorite song is: Call Me Maybe
My favorite book is: Friend vs. Fiend
3 words that describe me are: funny, cute, and 1/2 nice
When I was little I used to: take off my shirt
My favorite scripture story is: Moses parting the Red Sea
My favorite primary song is: I Like to Look for Rainbows
My favorite season is: Fall
The best snack ever is: popsicles
The food that makes me want to barf is: soggy cereal
My best friend is: Allie
If I had one wish it would be: to be the nicest person ever
The best thing that has happened to me this year is: doing the Mud Run
One thing I want to learn to do this year is: do my own hair
One thing I need to work on is: reading
The most important lesson I've learned this year is: never give up!

Liz has really grown, matured and blossomed this year and we're excited for her to continue to grow this  next year! 
We sure love Liz and are so happy that she's in our family!

2 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

Awesome! Lizzie and I have a lot in common. I want to learn to do my hair this year. I am 1/2 nice. And my favorite song is "Call me Maybe".

HooHoo said...

We love Lizzie and hope this is the year she learns that she can do anything she puts her mind to, except shoot someone's eye out. I love the luggage!