I've got your thin lips and your hair that won't curl, but mother you'll never fail me! Does anybody remember the real words to that song? I just wanted to pay a short tribute to my great mom, a few days late, after Mother's Day. I think that I probably got alot of Mom's qualities, including thin lips, thin hair, thin ankles, the ability to cry over the smallest things at the blink of an eye, my great smile that shows all my teeth and gums, all great things I tell you! But I just hope that I get or someday can achieve some of her other qualities. Do you remember how Mom would always wait up for us after Saturday night dances or dates, even if her "waiting up" was sleeping on the couch (of course she was probably "reading"). How about how Mom was the surrogate mom for all of our friends who probably came over to hang out with her instead of us. I remember Mom "helping" with my school projects late into the night, actually doing most of the project, and it turning out way cooler than anybody else's project, with cooler lettering or pictures that Mom had painted. Mom always took pride in being a mom and acted like taxiing to piano lessons and to and from school, or making countless lunches, or teaching us how to do things like sew and can was all that she ever could want to do. Mom was always my biggest cheerleader, encouraging me to try out for everything: cheerleader, 5th grade secretary, 9th grade class president, school play, etc. - maybe you shouldn't have been so encouraging, since I never made any of those - but always cried with me when I didn't make it and encouraged me to try again. Even still Mom will drop everything to help me with my projects that I take on because I know she will help me. Just yesterday I show up out of the blue with a dress that I had told somebody I would fix, but was in way over my head, so I show up and say "Loo do it Mom" and she whips it up in no time, completely forgetting about laundry and her to do list that I'm sure that she had. Thanks Mom for everything! You're the greatest! I love you!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No wonder Aly is the favorite, sorry Mama that I didn't post one of these too. I love you too though!
I must have also inherited Mom's ability to cry at the drop of a hat, especially since I actually teared up reading this! (I'm not kidding either). Mom- ditto on all Alyson said. You are amazing! Oh, and your Mother's Day gift/cards are in the mail!
Thanks Al for the great reminder of how great our mom is!
Thanks Al, for the sweet tribute. I'm so grateful to you for not mentioning all of the ugly things that you all inherited from me. I sure love all you kids ~ you're all my favorites! ~Mom
Post a Comment