Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

So we are done with our softball season at last. The girls finished by winning their final game last night, each of them getting a couple hits and at least one run. If you know our girls, you know what an amazing feat that is! They had an awesome team, all of them about on the same skill level, except Kaylee, the girl two to the right of Marissa, who should have been on the All-Star team, coming to the first practice with a batting glove and bat bag. Come on - this is coach pitch softball. So Noelle officially got ejected from the game last night for fighting and yelling at the ref, can you believe it? Actually she did get ejected, but not for fighting, it was for throwing her bat when she got a hit. It sounds pretty harsh, but they gave her like three warnings her first three hits. She just got so excited for actually hitting the ball! I can't blame her! She was heartbroken though! But we practiced and practiced, and she didn't throw the bat once last night. Live long and strong Blue Sharks!

3 comments:

Kirk and Aly said...

So I couln't get Noelle's picture to scan and save where I wanted, but it's just the same, except with Noelle looking cute in her hat on the side. I thought that Marissa looks like a mini-Kirk in this pic though.

The Jones Fam said...

I seriously can't believe they would eject Noelle for throwing her bat. That's totally hardcore softball rule enforcement. Your girls look so cute- and I'm so impressed that they played sports and liked it. Hopefully the Jones curse of athletic non-abilities is coming to an end. But if not, its like they say- if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter!
Jake

Sara! said...

So, town of Gilbert is really tough on anger management huh? I was shocked to see the girls on a "community service" softball team. Maybe it's to learn more about self defense in tense situations from the burley ones. Anyhow, good to teach them young. Sorry - lame - I noticed the "Gilbert community services" on the top of the picture like last week, and still can't make it funny. Waaaaaa...