So, today is a sad day for all in our family. You see we have had the pleasure of having "Freddy" in our lives for the last three days. On Tuesday morning a lady from our ward called us in desperation. She had found a half dead bird on her porch that morning that had fallen out of it's nest, or gotten half mauled by a cat or something. Anyway, she thought that we would take care of it, since she couldn't since she works alot. I didn't want to tell her that I'm completely heartless, especially when it comes to animals (sorry animal lovers), so we took Freddy into our lives and hearts. We ate and regurgitated worms each morning and night and fed him out of our mouths. Evidently it just wasn't enough. This morning when Kirk was leaving for work, he found Freddy on his side with his legs stiff and sticking straight out. He went to move him and his water spilled on him and he let out one last whimpering chirp. Marissa woke me up this morning in a red-eyed terror, saying that Freddy was gone, and somebody probably stole him. So after we explained things to them, we had a nice memorial service for Freddy this morning before school. We sang "In the Leafy Treetops" and each girl gave a short thought about Freddy. The girls decorated a tombstone and put it in the backyard where they think Freddy is buried. (Please don't tell them that Freddy is really in the black garbage can under last nights garbage bag.)
Friday, May 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Okay, I know I'm not supposed to comment on my own blog, but click on and enlarge both of these pics to see great details. #1 pic: Notice Marissa's great teeth - I thought 1 1/2 years of ortho would help more than this. Also, notice the sloppy joe on her face - Arlene in the making? #2 pic: I just think everybody's faces here are great! You can tell the girls have been crying and that it's way too early in the morning for all of this. Awesome!
If this isn't the funniest blog entry I have ever seen I don't know what it. I even read it out loud to Philip and he laughed too! I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy and so glad that it is over! I'm just glad that you didn't cry about it too, since we all know that if it were Kevin, he would have personally given it CPR and nursed it back to health. Ha ha, Kevin is an animal lover! Oh, and yes, the pictures are also incredibly awesome!
I love the pictures! Especially the bottom one where you can see actual tears in Noelle's eyes- So very sad. We're not the biggest animal fans either, but you have to admit that a dying baby bird is pretty sad! Almost as sad as Rupert hanging herself on the swingset.
Jake
I laughed at Jake's comment about Rupert. Apparently I don't have a place in my heart for animals.
In the second picture it looks to me that Marrisa has started to try to cope with the loss of Freddy by smoking pot. Does she need to come to a Nicole Boot camp for stoners?
Kev
Kev you're hillarious.
Jake
Aly,
I love the contrast between these two pictures! The overwhelming joy that you can see and then the crushing pain. I swear I saw Noelle's bottom lip quiver. Poor girls.
Nat
Speaking of dead animals in the trash can. Jake killed two snakes today in our yard. One he ran over with the lawn mower and chopped it in three pieces. The other one he caught and put in a ziplock bag and threw it in the trash to suffocate. Wow, I didn't even realize how white trash my story was until right now....
Nat
She evidently picked the wrong family. With more kindness and care I think Freddy would have beat the odds. I love your girls--this is one of those stories you will tell forever.
Post a Comment