So we're having a cousin party today, because Kirk's brother Kade and his wife Sara, just had a baby, so we're watching their other two girls today. They now have three kids, with the oldest being 2 1/2! Wow! I think reality might be catching up with them, seeing that in the first days of bringing baby brother home, Ensley (the 2 1/2 yr. old) gave herself a major haircut. She didn't just do a rookie job with scissors, she found the hair cutting clippers and sh
aved both sides of her head and then random spots all over, making a sweet mullet! Sara (my sis-in-law) did an amazing job recovering what she did, given what she had to work with. So today, we are trying to keep busy so we don't have any scissor or clipper mishaps! The slip-and-slide entertained for quite a while, except they couldn't figure out how to actually slide on it, maybe they didn't have enough room to get a good running start, so they had to resort to pulling each other down the slip and slide with a bat (yes - totally white trash). Then the little girls all decided to strip down to nothing and get totally muddy! Maybe if we actually had grass growing in our backyard it wouldn't have ended up in such a muddy mess (I know, white trash again). What fun! I thought this might be the best picture ever, Ensley found a cat collar and insisted on wearing it. Does she look like a Chip and Dales dancer or something? Classic!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I heart slip-n-slides! I totally wish it was socially acceptable for adults to participate- not that that has ever stopped me before. You're a sweetie to watch all the kids. Summer is the best!
Jake
Hey,
Remember when we had that slip-n-slide party a couple of years ago and we put the slip-n-slide over a sprinkler without knowing about it. I think I walked away with a few stubbed toes, twisted ankle, and a cut hip. And I think everyone else faired the same. That was so fun to see all of us "grown-ups" getting as much speed as we could and slide too far into the grass.
All I have to say about Ensley is it's a good thing she is only 2 1/2. Also, I wish there was a way to make slip 'n slides soft and cushy so it didn't hurt so bad when you run and slide on your belly, which is my personal favorite. We should get Utah irrigation plastic and slip at Fillmore Motel. Maybe not, on second thought.
Okay, so I just looked at the pictures blown up and laughed really hard. Your girls are hillarious!!! So did Ensley just not have a swimsuit, or was the indecent exposure by preference?
Jake
Every time I even think about these pictures I want to come home and look at them again. I love Noelle's goggles, giant front tooth, and swim suit that "looks like a bikini from the back" according to Noelle, and has a skirt to her knees that she LOVES. And then Marissa and her little belly that sticks out, and who knows what Lizzie is doing...oh goodness, it is all just hilarious. I love your kids.
We should have another slip and slide in mom and dad's backyard and make sure no sprinkler heads are in the way this time. That was the best.
so when did wearing goggles on the slip and slide improve your sliding skills... or maybe it was just an accessory for the pictures? all I know is I want to go slip and sliding too.........naked
umm... kind of akward that no one commented after my joke about slip & sliding naked at the end of my comment. so just for clarification... totally joking I leave the naked slip & sliding to little girls with summer buzzes :)
Amanda
I am so glad you clarified. I was thinking you were such a perv and was about to boycott your blog forever. Just kidding. I was actually thinking how cool that would be. Dang! Now I'm the perv!
Oh, you were kidding Amanda? I guess there go all my plans I've made for our next cousin party. Dang! For reals, we should have a slip and slide party/contest! And yes, the goggles do help Noelle go faster, so there is no wind resistance!
Still totally laugh at these pictures!
If you talked like you write, you would be the funniest girl I know. I love reading your blog, and we miss you guys. Are you moving into our new neighborhood??? PLEASE!
hey aly!
i didn't know we're neighbors!? your family is SO cute...i can't believe how grown up your girls are! they are so adorable!
so, i read you blog...i hope that's okay. (: you are so funny...just like every jones...{this post in particular cracks me up to no end}
have a great day!!
Post a Comment