So, I know it's altogether way too early for this post, but I'll tell you what got it started. At 2:18 AM I hear someone throwing up, so with my motherly instincts, I jump out of bed and run to see which of my girls it is. Lucky us, it's just our drunkard neighbor, who is paying the price for partying all night long, and lucky us again, we are sleeping with our windows open and live way too close to our neighbors. :) (Don't ask me why he was puking in his backyard!) But, when I layed back down to go back to sleep I was thinking how happy I am that it wasn't my girls throwing up (since we already had that this week), and this kept me up for an hour thinking of things I am thankful for. Finally, in hopes that I'll be able to get some sleep after this, I decided to come up with a short list of things I am thankful for. Let's go:
1. My husband! Who would have thought I would get so lucky in a whirlwind six-week-after-we-met-engagement?!

2. My girls who can always bring a smile to my face! (BTW - Jamie just did our family pics, so go to her blog on her website to see a few more)

3. My parents, bros and sissies!

4. Great posterity!

5. Good friends!

6. My in-laws, and all my in-law family!

7. That my kids are all potty trained and we have no more diapers!

8. The gospel and modern day revelation

9. Modern conveniences - my car, Bosch mixer, Clorox wipes, air conditioning, all the great things that make my life easier!

10. Life - The opportunity to be here on the earth and have all these great experiences!
Happy Thanksgiving!
10 comments:
Just now as I added 10 cups of flour to the dough in my Bosch, I thought of how grateful I am for not having to mix that by hand! Kudos to the cute post.
And also, I just looked at Jamie's blog and the pictures are amazing! I can't wait to see all of them! Oh, and your older girls are looking so big and pretty! How is that fair when we all suffered through VERY LONG awkward stages?
I'm thankful for all of those same things. I think it's a blessing to have Snawawa neighbors. They help us realize what we have.
Great pictures!!! I loved your gratefull list, it's gotten me to thinking about my own!!
You're da fweetie. Can I say ditto to what you said?
I just looked at the pictures and they are amazing. Way to have such a totally attractive family!
You are the cutest!! I am thankful too that your girls weren't the ones sick. Hate cold & flu season myself!!! Pretty funny about your neighbor though, I remember hearing stuff being so close to everyone too.
Hope you guys had a great thanksgiving!!
P.S---LOVE the family pictures, you have such a beautiful family!! You guys look gorgeous, and Kirk looks handsome!!
Hey, just wanted to let you know, in case you haven't heard, the cousin party isn't going to be the 30th. Emily and I talked about doing it on a Sunday night when hopefully nobody is working. First we thought the 2nd, but that's the broadcast, so now I'm thinking the 9th. Let me know what you think.
Oh, and you can bring your kids if you want, no biggie.
I noticed that your sister is leaving invites on your blog, so I'll add one. We're going out to dinner on Fridy and were wondering if you and Kirk wanted to come. It's a great new little restaurant called Brick 29 Bistro in Nampa, Idaho. We don't have anyone else to invite so I thought I'd make myself feel like I have friends again and invite you! I love all the pictures you posted. You are just as gorgeous as you were in the 90's or 80's, whenever that was. Kirk is one lucky fella.
You are so cute. So thankful we know you guys. It's been a blast getting to know you more!
Post a Comment