Thursday, November 15, 2007

*Whew*

So, let's sigh a big sigh of relief that this week is over! We made it through Super Saturday where I taught ladies how to sew an apron (a task that took about 5 hours, and still left me with 5 aprons to "finish"), starting teaching piano lessons (fun - maybe), and the Primary Program (yahoo!!).

So with all that accomplished, and Monday off of school for Veteran's Day, we went shopping to get Noelle new winter shoes. She needed some closed-toed shoes to wear to school that weren't her tennis shoes that she wears for P.E. First we went to Target, she didn't like anything there. Then we went to Payless, and she sort of liked the glitter ballet flats, but didn't think they were 'comfy' enough. I was at my wit's end, and since those are the only two places I go to get kid's shoes, was about to force her to get one of the pairs that I picked out. Then she realized that Ross was next door, so we went there to see what they had. That is where we found these:

When Noelle found these shoes it was like a Chariot's of Fire, slow motion thing. It was love at first sight. They are amazing suede pumps with alligator trim and a big turquoise buckle. She first only found them in a size 4 (two sizes too big) and swore that they fit perfectly. Luckily they did have her real size and they were purchased, to we worked off later that day. Later that day she wore them on a bike ride and at the park told our friend Brooke that they would probably make marks on her feet, but "That's the price you have to pay for fashion"! What a girl!

Now on to the picture of the week:
Brynn was taking a long time in the bathroom doing her business. I go in to check on her and find her taking her time reading the Highlights magazine. I think she learned it from her dad!

8 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

I swear your posts make me laugh harder than anyone elses. It's partly because of your writing and partly because you have some of the funniest kids ever. I love those shoes and Noelle is so right about paying a price for fashion. I was kind of a late bloomer in that area, not really getting it until college! I might not have been cute but at least I was comfortable for 10 years more than Noelle! Brynn may have learned that habit at my house too! If my session in the bathroom is going to last any longer than 20 seconds I must must must have reading material.

HooHoo said...

I forgot about the turquoise buckles. I was telling Dad about these and the description didn't sound bad at all.

How did family pictures turn out?

Nicole said...

Those are the cutest shoes!! You have a little fashion diva on your hand & just think the rest will follow in her 'footsteps'. Jacqueline & I always say 'pain is beauty, beauty is pain'. Especially when I run the brush through her tangled hair & she is bawling, or shove her foot in her size to small shoe because I am to cheap to buy new ones!! (Just teasin)

Love Bryn on the toilet. My grandma always makes me get my kids off after a minute or she thinks they'll get the 'dropsies'. Whatever the heck the 'dropsies' are. Just wanted to warn you!! hahah =)

The Jones Fam said...

I love it. Noelle is so hot to trot! I love that she's the expert on high fashion. And Brynnie is the cutest little adult reading on the pot. True Jones (or maybe everyone does this).

Jake

HooHoo said...

I hear that today is another crazy day, but knowing you the five extra aprons were stitched this morning before the million kids got there to be babysat. If not by then, at least before you give piano lessons this afternoon. You are amazing, Alyson! Aren't you glad you don't have to do the Primary program over again? Just onward and upward to the Priesthood Preview. Way to be ACTIVE! Brynn's picture helps me know that the girls still enjoy Highlights.

Anonymous said...

Hey Alyson, love the pictures so cute AND your it. You've been tagged. check our my blog for details.(its brooke eardlys fault, she tagged me first!!!)

brooke romney said...

Can I say that Noelle is my favorite girl? And, I loved the primary program. You are one amazing woman.

Biddle Family said...

I wish i had the braves to be like her.. I keep it pretty simple. so cute
I tagged you so check out our blog for the rules...
thanks Brooke Eardley