1. I type in my head. I don't know if this comes from doing transcription work for about 2 years or what, or maybe I'm just mental. I don't just type random words, but whatever I'm thinking, like I (space) w-i-l-l (space) s-p-a-n-k (space) y-o-u-r (space) b-u-n-s.
2. I plan our conversations in my head too. This usually happens late at night while I'm laying in bed, but I think of possible conversations that I might have and I plan them out. When we actually have our conversations, you guys don't always get your parts right, but our conversations would be a lot funnier if you would.3. I hate, hate, hate to call people that I know. I don't mind calling the random doctor's office, or the school, but I hate calling people that I know. I don't know why! Usually once I'm on the phone, I'm okay, but it's just picking up the phone to make the call makes me nervous, every time! The only people I'm okay calling is: my mom, my sis Sara (at home), and my sis Miss (at work). I also HATE to call people on their cell phones! Just know that if I call you, I've probably planned out the conversation the night before and it's typed out in my brain. :)
4. My secret dream: to drive a big tractor or steamroller or bulldozer, or thing that has the wrecking ball and totally destroy something like a big pile of dirt or a big building. What does that say about me? Do I have a destructive person inside of me that is just wanting to get out? Hmm!5. Someday when my kids are all in school I want to go to beauty school. I don't necessarily want to work, but just to know how and be able to try out new hair stuff for my kids. Plus think of all the money I would save, since I have four girls! Maybe I could make Miss look like this again:
6. I don't have an ounce of OCD, but I wish I did. Lots of girls I know are perfectionists and things are always done perfectly, with everything perfectly placed or centered and stuff, or things always put away and cleaned up just perfectly - but this is just not me. I do like things to be nice and semi-organized and neat, but most days my house looks like this at least once:Sometimes it's just easier to make one big mess and then clean it all up at once. I don't know. If anyone knows where you can buy an ouce of OCD, please let me know.
So there you go! If anyone wants to be tagged, consider this your tagging! You're it!
16 comments:
I(space)l-o-v-e(space)t-h-i-s(space)b-l-o-g. I'm afraid you are too much like your mother in five out of the six categories. Guess which one you aren't like me in, and I'll give you a treat. I used to drool every time we drove past the Empire machinery sales place. You're very funny.
You are totally awesome Alyson!! I love all of it...so your are not totally a dork,cuz I type in my head constanly too!!!
Alyson,
I am soo happy that you did this! I love reading all about you... I fell pretty darn special that you called me on my cell phone the other day & I am pretty sure my script was way way off of what you had planned for me to say!!!! HA !
You're so totally awesome! I love it!
that transcription stuff really messes with your brain! when i did it, they had different spellings of uh and um depending on the client, and i find myself spelling them out in my head!
and that looks like my house on a good day!
hope you don't mind a comment from a blog stalker. (diane freestone stowell)... but reading this post was amazing!! everything was just like me. I type, wish i had OCD (for something atleast), want to be able to atleast my fam's hair. it was crazy! you're so cute.
Hooray for finally being tagged! You and mom are totally on my favorite list because you are the only ones who did this!
Anyhoo, I didn't realize that you type things, but I totally know about the planning conversations thing. My only problem, is that I plan out how I would have liked conversations to go after they happened, and kind of dwell on it for a while, but to no avail, because the actual conversation is done and over with...and has been for a while.
Oh, and I was thinking just the other day how sad it is going to be when I am not working at the office anymore and we might not get to talk every day for at least 15 minutes. That will make me very very sad.
I love your example phrase, "I will spank your buns," as the first thing that popped into your head, were you thinking Lizzie's, Kirk's, or mine?
You are one of my favorite's ever!
So, I was trying to call you all day, but the phone was busy every time. When I called you from Mom's, I realized I'd been calling my own number the whole time. Whoops. Anyhow, I made pie and want you to share it with me, but by the time that I see you next it might be all gone. (Even if it's just in a day or so. I like to eat.)
You ARE a DORK!!! This was so funny to read about you. You type in your head and I am always counting in my head. Funny thing about that is I HATE math & numbers!!! Yuck!! I would rather type...hmmm, maybe I should try that!
It's funny how different we are from each other but yet I totally love hanging out with you. If I'd have known you were typing "I want to spank you" in your head I might have made other plans! I honestly have never typed in my head, don't plan scripts, except sometimes after the fact when I wish I would have said something better than I did, am slightly OCD and call people at the drop of a hat often forgetting why I even called. I love all those things about you. I tried really hard to make it on the list of people you don't hesitate calling but 4 years wasn't enough!
One more thing...I don't ever want to drive a bulldozer, but maybe Max would want to come with you!
Oh my gosh, you know my secret shame that I don't tell anyone. I totally type things out in my head too. I seriously thought I was alone in this. Which great-great-great grandparent Payne/Jones did this as well and it has gone down the generations torturing everyone? But now I also text in my head. Sometimes I even move my fingers to it.
Ya the I will spank your buns line? haha I love that that is what you thought of typing. Sorry about your lack of OCD. Kirk probably likes you more for it since you don't go crazy over like crumbs on the counter after just wiping it down etc. I like hearing these random things...feel free to post more. Maybe some about your kids too?
I hate calling people too! I find if I don't think about it and just do it really fast then its not as bad.Its the thinking about what they will say and stuff that makes me nervous too :) You would think after calling people 8 hours a day for three years asking them to pay their bills that I would be over it, but.... I'm not! Ps.. can't wait for the cousins party :)
Ok Alyson, you are hilarious! I totally plan out conversations in my head too... usually me giving my mother-in-law a piece of my mind. Too bad I don't have the guts to actually do it!! I don't understand the typing in your head though... how do you do it exactly? It sounds like something that I would enjoy. Let's make it our VT lesson for december =)
i love these random posts...they are just so dorky! jon was so embarrassed for me when i posted mine! he was so worried that everyone was going to think there was something wrong with me- like they didn't already! i guess i will just have to direct him to everyone elses "random" posts, so he will know that i'm just one of many dorks! :)
as you already know- i do sign lang. in my head! but i totally plan conversations too! i really hate feeling like i have to do all the talking, but i feel like that all the time- i hate having silence & i hate to think someone feels awkward talking to me, so i just take care of it all by talking the entire time...i'm sure everyone just wishes i would stay quiet! if they only knew i was doing it all for them!
then there's the phone calling thing! i hate the phone...despise...abhor! jon & my mom are the ONLY people i like to talk to on the phone!!! everyone else can just leave a message or email me! and cell phones makes it eveyone more of a problem for me.
anyways...didn't know you'd get a "random" comment out of me! just want you to know that your dorkiness is quite normal to me!
You forgot to inclue that you are the GREATEST blogger ever. Your posts really are some of my very favorites. And, the whole calling thing...just do it.
Post a Comment