Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meet Charl

(Yes, that black speck at the bottom is Charl.)


Brynn has a new pet friend named Charl (it's a mix between Carl and Charles). He's what she calls a water beetle, what we always called Charlie bugs, or just your normal outside bug. Charl gets carried around in the bucket all day, gets fed lots of dirt, gets yelled at when he tries to climb the walls of the bucket to escape, and has gotten lost in the carpet or couch about five times. But don't worry, Brynn just finds a new Charl outside to love and keep until he gets lost - again. Whatever keeps her busy. Great fun!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

so great..i love that about kids that age!!

nicole and kevin said...

I was just thinking that if we got another dog I would name him Charles. Or Splinter. It depends on what he looks like. But Charl works for me too.
Nicole had way too much fun with your kids yesterday.I wish I could have been able to hang out too!
Kev

The Jones Fam said...

The best is that she verbally abuses Charl when he tries to flee. And that Charl gets lost in the couch. And that every replacement is also called Charl. She's great.

Jake

HooHoo said...

Is Charl still in charge? Oh, we love our little bug lovers!

donkeybray said...

Wasn't it Chris that had Charlie bugs? We were in California then but it seems to me like he had little pet bugs he named Charlie. Hmm. Maybe it's a phase some of the Jones kids go through. Your family is absolutely gorgeous, you guys. I keep meaning to tell you that and how much I enjoy your bloggy news but it would seem I'm in the habit of forgetting my password. Gonna tell you right now while the new one is still stuck in my head. Love, Aunt Dona

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Hmm... bored with the dog already!?!? Also I love that she named him Charl. So funny!