With it being summertime, and us all (even Kirk) being out of school, we've had all sorts of time on our hands to do some fun projects.
Kirk and Marissa painted their bikes to look like new. It took all of a Saturday, between taking them all apart, sanding them down, painting several coats, waiting for them to dry, and putting them all back together. I wish we would have taken before pictures, because they both look so much better. Kirk's is "murdered out" in all matte black, and Marissa's is lavender with off white fenders. So cute!
Kirk also refinished and painted his long board skateboard. He's had this long board for a million years and it's been pushed all around the neighborhood by him and every neighborhood kid, and taken down the hills at the park, and left out in the rain, and everything else. So it definitely needed a little TLC. He sanded it, lacquered it, painted stripes and got new grip tape for it, so it looks and rides like new!
He also made a new beanbag corn hole game for us. I think I need to think of a few more projects for him to keep him busy!
The girls and I have also been working on several sewing projects. The first week of summer we took a trip to SAS. The girls were appalled/enthralled/amazed and all the piles and piles of fabric there. They were all able to find "treasures" and we came home with a garbage bag sized sack full of fabric to make all sorts of stuff. We have made four pairs of pj pants, a scripture bag, six shirts, three skirts, a nightgown, doll clothes, and a dress, and our bag of fabric doesn't seem to diminish at all. We still have more projects to do. Yay!
1 comment:
Projects a plenty. I can't wait to see the real things in person. I'm impressed that the bike painting project got done before the attention span wore out. Good for you'all.
Post a Comment