For our June family activity we went to SunSplash in Mesa. Since the beginning of the year, this had been the one activity that the girls could not WAIT for! Every time we would drive to Kirk's parents house we would pass it and the girls would look longingly out the window and count down the months until it was time to go.
It was a super crazy fun night. We went to the Night Splash so we wouldn't have to be waiting in line in 120 degree weather. The slides were all super great and the girls were all so brave to go on every single slide.
This slide that looks like a V was the scariest ever! As you dropped off the top, you couldn't even see over the side, so it looked like you were dropping into mid-air. My heart was in my throat as Liz and I went on it for the first time. But we were brave enough to do it - not like the lady in full body spandex that got to the top and then kept saying it was "Too SCURRY!, I ain't doing that, it's too scurry!!"
We forgot our camera that night, so we didn't get any real pictures of us, but it is probably better, because we were there with some of the scariest people around! I was amazed and scared for me and the girls' lives. I felt like every wait in line I needed to be covering the girls eyes and ears. So, even though it was fun, I don't know that I'd hurry back because of our surroundings.



1 comment:
AAAAAAHHHHH--MAZING! One of the 7 wonders of AZ has got to be SunSplash. So glad you got that crossed off the list of things to do, although the girls will probably want to do it again and again. "Scurry!!!" will be another one of those "tried my hardest" sort of sayings. Good times.
Post a Comment