Friday, August 31, 2007

Where's the Love?




I know, too many posts in one day! I hate it when people do this. But, we had a near death experience in our family. Our beautiful angel fish 'Beauty' has been with our family for two and a half years, way longer than any fish I know has ever lasted. Yesterday I lovingly cleaned her fish tank, which is not supposed to be my job, but that's kinda how having pets goes, isn't it? Anyway, Beauty didn't fare well with all the moving and stuff, and after I put her back in her clean tank, she just laid on the bottom of the rocks, not swimming or really moving. When Marissa and Noelle got home from school, they saw her just laying around and immediately wanted to flush her down the toilet and were making plans on what new fish they wanted to buy. I was like, come on, no tear trickling down the cheek, not one ounce of sadness for a fish who has given you so much joy over the years?.... Okay I know fish are boring pets, and I'm sure many of you could agree with Marissa and Noelle, but coming from my emotional girls, I just wondered, where's the love? By the way, Beauty is back to her normal, happy, swimming self today. Probably just a case of the 24 hour flu or something. :)

5 comments:

MeL said...

That is very very funny, especially considering that they had a funeral service for Freddy, the bird that you had for like 17 minutes. Beauty is pretty boring though, I'll admit that.

Sara! said...

Who chose out Beauty? Wasn't it the older girls? I can't believe that they'd give up on her/him that easily. So, do you have a net to get Beauty out with or do you use cups. I have known your girls to drink out of any cup that is within reach, so maybe they could have passed mono onto him/her. Glad that he/she has rebounded though, like you really want to get a real pet!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

call me morbid, but i think there's something exciting with getting a chance to flush a fish down the toilet! so, if they're looking for such excitement they may want to buy water frogs next time! we went through 4 in like 3 days!

so- you're a boxtop garbage digger too, eh!? jon has kindly asked me not to clip them 'til the boxes are empty- if he only knew what kind of trama he's putting me through!

and, yes, i'm couns. in prim. pres. and it is my stressful duty to write the program! i think it might as well be the pres. duty, becuz she is so nervous over it and is making me a stressed out maniac! she's made the comment twice now, "it's gonna be hard to top last years!" so...the pressure's on and i know it's killing her to sit back and let me do it! do you think they'd release me if i started only paying 9.9% tithing?! yikes...

The Fletchies said...

def sad that they wanted to get rid of her so soon! and i love mel's comment. I had a goldfish i got from a carnival once that lasted like 4 years and ate all of the other goldfish we tried to put in its tank. I am not kidding ate them. I would put them in one day night would come and the next day there would only be one fish. We called him monstroe.

Lyric Payne said...

I think your girls are getting a little too calloused to death. Last time they had a pet die, it was a family tragedy. Have they been watching 24 with you?