Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More Christmas Fun!

Each year, part of the Christmas fun involves acting out the Nativity at our Grandparents house. I always envision a super spiritual experience for one and all, but it's always total chaos. I guess that's part of the fun! This year I stepped it up a little and made up all new costumes, so we didn't just have to use a bunch of towels tied on heads and such. (But we did miss Joseph wearing Dad's old flannel bathrobe - it just wasn't the same.)

Each year there is a big fight about who gets to be Mary. She is definitely the most coveted role. This year Amy landed the part in the Jones performance. Liz was seriously jealous, but was a great Joseph, and Kev got to be the donkey - (fitting). :)


We had some rockin' wise men (Caleb, Marissa and Oakely) and one lackadaisical shepherd (Brynn).

Here are the Jones' enjoying the performance and each other's company!!


A couple nights later we did it again at the Nielson's. There were more cousins, so more parts to be had - but the role of Mary was still fought over, so much that we had to draw from a hat to decide.

Afterwards, we all played Christmas songs with chimes. It actually sounded pretty good - especially compared to last year. It's pretty impressive, especially considering we do it once a year, and can only bear to practice for about 5 minutes until our ears are about to explode.

Fun Christmas Traditions!

1 comment:

The Jones Fam said...

I was so sad to miss this. I got to hear all about the being Mary drama. Amy was so excited to get the part. Tell Liz that it build character to play a different role. I never got to be Mary growing up and I turned out okay, right?

Love the costumes Aly. You are so impressive! They look awesome!
We need to come play soon, we miss you guys.
-Nat